In conjunction with Section VIII and XI Cheerleading Coordinators and the Presidents and representatives of both Coaches Associations, Newsday is proud to present its first annual Newsday Cheerfest.
Newsday Cheerfest is a one-day, cheerleading exhibition in January showcasing all high school cheerleading teams from across Nassau and Suffolk County. The exhibition will feature a morning and afternoon session.
Newsday Cheerfest will be a ticketed event and will act as a fundraiser for each participating school returning a portion of net proceeds back to performing schools.
Further information including date and location will be available in October. The event is tentatively scheduled to take place at the end of January 2024.
Although this event is not mandatory, it is highly recommended that all teams participate.
to the 2023 County Champions!!
Small Division I: East Islip
Small Division II: Mount Sinai & Rocky Point
Large Division I: Smithtown West
Large Division II:
Coed: William Floyd
Congratulations to our 2023
NYSPHSAA State Champions
DIVISION II Small: Mount Sinai
ATTENTION COACHES ASSOCIATION
UPDATES TO THE MEMBERSHIP CALENDAR AND SCCCA MEMBERSHIPS
1. Membership payment for the 2023-2024 calendar season is due by July 1, 2023
2. This membership will be effective May 2023-June 2024.
3. If a coach is hired anytime after September, they are eligible to pay membership.
4. In order to be eligible for End of Season awards, coaches must be a paid member by the start of the winter season. For this year, 11/13/23.
5. Moving forward, membership will follow an academic calendar year (July 1 - June 30).
6. It is the Varsity coach's responsibility to disseminate all this information to the coaches within their programs.
7. Varsity Coaches - please email SCCCA with your coaching staff for the 2023-2024 season.
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL SCCCA AT SCCCAXI@GMAIL.COM
COACHES CONTACT INFORMATION GOOGLE FORM
-ALL COACHES must be AACCA certified prior to the start of the 2023-2024 season. Your certification must take you through the entire season.
-Use this link to see if your certification is current:http://spiritsafety.com/usacheer/members/coachsearch.php
-Use this link to either upload your current certification or to take the USA Cheer Cheerleading Safety and Risk Management Course.
-All meeting agendas have been under the "Meeting Agendas" tab
Nancy VanHouten Email Address for stunt questions:
You MUST compete in all 7 Varsity Competitions! For Varsity, each teams season average score will determine who will qualify for the County Championship. If you chose not to compete in a competition, a Zero will averaged into your overall score. Additional consequences will also be assessed.
JV must attend all 6 Section XI scheduled contests.
Middle school must attend all 4 Section XI scheduled contests.
A team that does not attend an event, will be subject to a review by the Executive Director and Sports Chair.
You do not need to be a member to compete, but you will be ineligible to receive any awards that are given out by the association. We are opening membership up to all coaches at any level.